Oldtimer picture gallery. Trucks. TA (TARK).
1949-1954 Tartu Autoremonditöökoda (Tartu Automobile Workshop), Tartu, Estonia, USSR.
1954-1967 Tartu Autoremonditehas no 3 (Tartu Automobile Service-factory no. 3).
1967-1997 Tartu Autode Remondi Katsetehas (Tartu Automobile Service Experimental Factory).
* 1949.09.01 – Tartu Autoremonditöökoda (Tartu Automobile Workshop) was
* 1951 – TA-1, GAZ-51 based 28-pass. 23-seater bus (on 4000mm wheelbase). 25-seater intercity version is shown
(with luggage division on the roof, 71k b/w photo from "Avtomobili Rossiji i SSSR" (Moscow, 1993) by Lev Shugurov).
* 1952 – 12 units of TA-1 bus was constructed.
* 1954 – 100 units of TA-1 bus.
* 1954 – Tartu Autoremonditöökoda renamed to Tartu Autoremonditehas no 3
(Tartu Automobile Service-factory no. 3).
* 1955 – TA-6, GAZ-51 based bus (until 1960).
* 1956 – TA-1A.
* 1959 – Tartu Autoremonditehas nr. 3 is a leading factory in
constructing of special buses in USSR.
* 1960 – conveyer method introduction.
* 1961 – TA-9, GAZ-51 based bread lorry, TA-10, GAZ-51 based mail lorry.
* 1961 – buses wooden frame is changed to metal frame.
* 1963 – TA-9T, GAZ-51 based mobile workshop for better servicing
peoples in country regions (shoemaker and hairdresser workshops).
* 1964 – TA-942, GAZ-53F based isothermal lorry for meat and foodstuff,
TA-942T, GAZ-53F based bus for public servicing.
* 1965 – TA-942A, GAZ-53A based mobile workshop lorry.
* 1965 – TA-942 and TA-942T serial production begins.
* 1965 – model TA-942T production begins in Orenburg, Kemerovo,
Borisov (Minsk region), Brovary (Kiev region) and Alma-Ata.
* 1965 – model TA-9A (bread lorry) is presented international exhibition
* 1965 – Afghanistan, Cuba and Mongolia purchased large amount TA-9A.
* 1967 – factory renamed to Tartu Autode Remondi Katsetehas (Tartu
Automobile Service Experimental Factory).
* 1969 – model TA-9A renewed toTA-9A2, TA-9E (?-1968-1969, milk lorry) renewed to TA-9E2. New
model are universal for GAZ-51A and GAZ-52-01.
* 1973 – TA-9E3 milk lorry.
* 1979 – TA-3760, GAZ-53A based lorry with modernized body. Experimental
TA-9V - refrigerator lorry
TA-9S - mail lorry
TA-942?, 48k b/w photo from Denis Orlov collection, Moscow.
TA-943K, GAZ-53A based lorry with lifting trap-door for transporting
wheeled containers, 28k image.
TA-943A – bread lorry.
TA-943H3 – milk lorry.
TA-943H4 – wagon truck for road workers.
MPC-1-52 – GAZ-52 with lengthen cabin for communication workers.
In serial production until 1979 have been 29 different models.
There were also constructed many special automobiles for different
purchasers. For instance there were constructed a bus for Estonian
Television Company for mobile television transferring; automobile for
sports club “Dynamo” for medical servicing the athletes; two automobiles
for the film studio “Mosfilm” for the “War and peace”; Total amount 30
special automobiles (mobile laboratories, for road worker brigades etc.)
In 1997 Tartu Autoremonditehas brake up. It was bankrupt even before. Now
in Tartu BaltScan Ltd. are constructed Scania busses.
Thanks a lot to Tarvo Puusepp from Tartu, Estonia. This page merely wasn't possible to appear without Tarvo help. The information is taken from the book "Tartu Autode Remondi Katsetehas", Tartu,
What else in the net:
Tartu Autode Remondi Katsetehas (in Estonian), the best site on this rare make in the net.
You are welcome to write me by E-mail Contact. Andrei Bogomolov.
Entrance Gallery Trucks Sale Links
Last updated 15 VI 2000.